Youth Homelessness: Sara’s Silent Story
During 2012-13, 2245 young people aged 16-24 in Wales were accepted as homeless.
In Australia, 9th April is Youth Homelessness Matters Day, and we’ve decided to team up with the leading homelessness charity for vulnerable young people and Women in Wales, Llamau, to mark the day in our own, Welsh way.
--Here is a clever, articulate video that Llamau has produced that brings the issue alive. It is Sara's story. It needs volume to have its full effect. Beware of the subtle turn it takes 16 seconds in!
Please take five minutes to take a look at this ‘hidden’ issue. Perhaps you know someone in need?
Sub-Ed’s note to readers: If you need any free, confidential help or advice with problems, please contact Meic online, via their helpline on 080880 23456, or text 84001. Meic is run by ProMo-Cymru, the legends behind theSprout.
Related / helpful:
- Article: Homelessness In Wales (2010)
- Info Â» Housing Â» Homelessness
- Info Â» People In Your Life
- Info Â» Health Â» Emotional and Mental Health
- Organisations Â» Categories Â» Housing Â» Facing Homelessness
- Organisations Â» Categories Â» Relationships And Lifestyle Â» Parents / Carers / Independent Living
- Organisations: Llamau, Shelter Cymru, Welsh Assembly Government
- Events Â» April 2014: Sprout Editorial Group Meeting