Information » Your World » Holiday and Travel » Planning and Booking
Planning and Booking
Whether you want to travel for a weekend or a year, go to the other side of the world or the other side of Wales, planning properly will help you enjoy your trip more.
If you plan a holiday well, you will be able to see all the things you want to in the time you have, and hopefully not spend more money than you can afford!
- When planning where you want to go on holiday there are many practical things you have to take into consideration such as certain visas or vaccinations you need to get - look at the other sections in Holidays and Travel for more information
- Some countries can be dangerous and it is important you make sure the country you want to go to is safe. You can check this with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, who have a list showing how safe each country is to travel in: Gov.uk
- Who you go away with will have a big effect on your holiday. If you are going away with friends make sure you want the same things from your trip, some might want to lie on a beach, others might want to spend all their time sight-seeing
- You should also take into account the time of year you want to go away. Even if it is summer in Britain, in some countries on the other side of the world it may be hurricane or monsoon season
- There are many travel books and guides you can use to help you plan where you want to go on holiday, and what you will need to do before you go there. They can help you identify the sites you most want to see, and suggest an itinerary for your trip
- Going on holiday doesn't just mean going abroad. Wales is a popular tourist destination, and people come from all over the world to visit our country's beautiful landscape and get a taste of the famous Welsh hospitality
- There are many ways of booking a holiday. You can go on the internet, use the phone or go to a travel agency
- Booking on the internet can be a useful way of saving money, but don't always assume that this is the cheapest way. Travel agents are experts and they can often find you a holiday that is better value for money than one you have found yourself
- You may not want to book all your accommodation before you go away and be a more independent traveller. In some places, you can simply turn up and get a room, or book with the local tourist information service that will be able to recommend a hotel to suit you. However it is always good to know where you can go to book a room so that you don't end up with nowhere to stay!