Information » Money » Insurance » Health and Critical Illness Insurance
Health & Critical Illness Insurance
- This type of insurance covers the cost of private treatment of medical conditions that can be cured in hospital
- With medical insurance you don't have to wait for non-emergency operations and you can choose the time of the operation
- You can pay extra for health advice and assessments, help with transport to and from hospitals as well as cash benefits
Critical Illness & Income Protection Insurance
- Critical illness insurance pays out a lump sum if you’re diagnosed with an illness listed in the policy
- Income protection insurance is designed to give you an income if you’re too ill to work
- The Money Advice Service have an excellent table that explains the pros and cons of each type of insurance
The Money Advice Service has an excellent section on debt managment including:
- Critical illness or income protection insurance?
- Do you need private medical insurance?
- How and where to buy critical illness insurance
- Do you need dental insurance?
You can contact the Money Advice Service on 0300 500 5000 (or 0300 500 5555 for Welsh) Mon - Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-1pm. There’s also an online chat function on their site.
You can contact Meic for free via online chat, text (84001) or phone (080880 23456).