Information » Health » In an Emergency
In An Emergency
If you face an emergency call 999 for police, fire or ambulance.
This 24-hour service should be used in situations where, for example:
- Someone’s in danger right now
- Violence is being used or threatened
- A serious crime is in progress or likely to occur
- A suspect for a serious crime is nearby
- There’s a road collision involving injury or danger
- A vulnerable person needs urgent attention
An expert call handler will deploy the closest, most appropriate resource to suit your emergency. You’ll be reassured, told what to do, warned of any danger and told where to go for shelter. If you’ve been split up from friends or family a call handler will work with others to get you back together.
Please try to stay calm – it’s very important to give the correct information.